Slow Cooker Pulled Pork
Get the slow cooker started in the morning for a versatile dinner ingredient that is packed with flavour.
- 1 brown onion, peeled and cut into 4 slices (rounds)
- Approx 1.7kg Pork Scotch Fillet Whole
- 2 tbsp smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp Cajun spice
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 cup honey
- 4 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2-3 tbsp olive oil (depending on size of fillet)
- Allow the pork to rest at room temperature for an hour prior to cooking.
- In a jug, mix the paprika, salt, pepper, thyme, garlic powder and Cajun spice together. Add in the honey, vinegar and olive oil and stir to create a thick paste.
- Place the onion rounds flat side down in the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Place the pork on top of the onions and pour the paste over the pork, spreading it over so that it covers the whole pork surface.
- Turn on the slow cooker to low and cook for at least 8 hours, or until the meat is tender enough to easily shred apart with a fork.
- After turning the crock pot off, allow the pork to sit in it for an hour while you prepare the rest of the meal.
Note: Pulled pork can be used as a filling for tacos, burritos, burgers and sandwiches and is also fantastic on pizzairred through pasta.